Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year's Eve

I can't believe that New Year's Eve is upon us.  This year has flown by, as they all seem to do.  It seems like just a few days ago it was spring, and here we are at the end of another year.  We celebrated all day!  We went to lunch at Hires.
 
 
This evening I had planned a last minute, impromptu party for ringing in the new year early.  We made our own pizzas.
 
 
 
We ate dinner together.  And I hung some meager decorations.
 
 
And I appropriated an already-cut-into cake from the other night and spruced it up for the celebration.
 
 
We had party hats, which were a big hit for all, although Mimi's very thoughtful about the whole thing.
 
 
 
 
 
 
WHAT a face. 
 
 
We played New Years Bingo after dinner, and then we put on our party hats again and got out the noise makers, horns, and clappers--I had painstakingly rigged a tiny balloon drop for us to let loose at the appointed time, which was something like 8:30.  Chaos ensued, with the noise makers going full speed ahead. 
 
 
 
 
My Uncle Mark got a picture of the group that I'll put up when I get it. 
 
Happy New Year!  May 2013 be a year full of success and happiness.
 
 
My Uncle Mark took this of all of us:  Happy New Year!

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

We sure miss you guys! We had lots of fun while you were here! I hope we can venture out your way sometime!