Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Blood Moon

EARLY this morning...like 3:45, I had set my alarm to head outside and see the blood moon and eclipse.  I wanted to check it out before I determined if I should wake the girls.  It actually turned out pretty cool.  The red was hard to see, but the eclipse was pretty clear.


My phone was a terrible shot...this was mine.  Looks like a moon millions of miles away.  Right.


Later, after I was having trouble falling back asleep, I was browsing Instagram, and totally found tons of other people's pictures.  THEY looked like this...and I'm wondering how on earth my phone was so limited.  This was a really good pic, and showed the red part of the eclipse. 


I did get the girls up, figured they should see something like this.  It happens pretty often, but this was a clear night, and during the summer, so warm.  They thought it was pretty cool, but I'm unclear as to whether they thought being up so late/early was cool, or if they liked the moon.  ;)


Later this evening was Parent/Teacher conferences.  Brad and I split them, but both girls are doing very well in school.  Brad reported that Mac is doing extremely well...like top of her class well.  Leiden is progressing, also.  I was very pleased to see their progress. 

No comments: