Thursday, October 16, 2014

Halloween Cookies

Leiden has a friend who has a phone, and she enjoys texting her on my phone, which I have a hard time even fathoming.  I found this selfie on the phone after she gave it back to me.  She had taken it and sent it to her friend.


In my pantry, these big drawers/shelves are awesome...but not awesome when the honey jug is left open and tips over.  My goodness, it was everywhere.  Wiping it with a cloth was not going to cut it, so an impromptu cleaning of the pantry was in order.  I cleared off the shelf and hauled it over to the sink, where it had to soak for a bit before I could get the honey off.  Honestly, it's probably something I should be doing more often.


We made Halloween cookies this afternoon.  The girls love to make sugar cookies.  They were excited to mix up the frosting in Halloween colors.


The cookie recipe I used is one I've had for years, but somehow it didn't work like it normally does, and I begin to wonder if it's the altitude here.  They just did not turn out.  They are usually soft and they don't break easily.  Not today.  But.  They still taste awesome!


Mimi really likes the Red Hots, and uses them liberally.


It was a fun afternoon with the girls, and they enjoy the process.  Until they don't, and then they disappear and I am left to clean it up.  ;)

No comments: