Friday, October 10, 2014

Happy Birthday, Derek!

In the middle of the night/early morning, Derek finally made it back to Kabul after his travels, where his birthday package was waiting!


He loved it!  And was a super good sport about putting all the silly stuff on and taking pictures for me. 


He loved the pinata, and he was touched by the girls' included cards. 


His box was full of silly and serious--a perfect mix!  I was so glad to see him happy to be thought of, and truly thankful for the silliness.  Happy Birthday, Derek!



After the night's festivities, I had a LONG run this morning...supposed to be 12 miles, it ended up being just over 11, because I messed up my route and my workout recorder.  Grr.  BUT...this tree was AWESOME!  I so wish this was in my yard, because it is beautiful.  Three plus colors.


This time of year is my very favorite.  By a long shot.  The trees are starting to turn in the valley, in all their glory.  I sure wish Derek were here to see it, but I'm sending pics! 


After I grabbed Mimi from school, Grandmere brought Leiden and Mac to meet us for lunch at Shiver's!  The girls were promised ice cream cones, and it was epic.  Mac particularly. 


The rest of today was spent chatting with Derek about his birthday and helping mom prepare for her Halloween party tomorrow!  There were cornbread ghosts...


and donuts with scary faces! 


I took the girls up to Brad's tonight, and am staying at my mom's again tonight to help her be ready for the party tomorrow.  It should be a great time!

No comments: