Thursday, October 9, 2014

October Birthday Begins!

Tonight we headed up to Grandmere and Bapa's for dinner and fun treats after.  We grabbed some brownie bites, some squeeze can frosting, and mini M&M's for GHOST treats!  The girls thought it was pretty funny, although the frosting was a little too soft for this application.


Mimi was particularly excited to have access to a big handful of M&M's...unauthorized, of course.  ;) 



Derek's birthday is our tomorrow, but by our tonight, it's already his tomorrow...confusing, right?!  Afghanistan is 10.5 hours ahead, so we got to start the birthday celebrations early, in true Macdonald girl fashion!  Derek teases me that birthdays in my family last a whole week.  I really couldn't agree more.  I made good use of one of the brownie bites, stuck a candle in it, and took video of me making a wish and blowing it out in his honor.  


The most fun of the evening was had when the girls were watching a show, and we adults sat down and put some ecards together for him.  HILARIOUS!  There's really no way to include the whole card here, but this is a snapshot of the cleverness that came from me.  My parents card was equally if not far more so clever than mine.


In addition to the above, we also hit him up with audio of my mom singing her heart out with Happy Birthday, as she is very good at, and all of us, including the girls, sang a nicer version as well.  He is traveling, but should be back to his original home base, where there is a BIRTHDAY BOX awaiting him!  The festivities will continue during my night!



No comments: