Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  It's finally upon us!  The girls are so excited for the day's events.  Particularly Mac and Leiden, as they get to wear their costumes to school, today.  Mimi's school is kind of weird, today, no costumes or anything else.  On Halloween day!

There is something about this cute little pink wig, that's for sure.  Mac looks super cute in it.  For the real day she got exaggerated eyeliner and pink rouged cheeks.  


After I raced Mimi up to school, I raced back to the elementary to see the Halloween parade!  I remember these as a child in my own elementary, so this is memory lane for me.  I remember traipsing around the hallways and classrooms of Crestview elementary, and ending up in the gym, where parents were seated and ready to watch all the little costumes go by.  This year's weather has been crazy for Halloween and late fall.  We were outside in barely a jacket.  Mac here had nothing on but her costume!


Then Leiden came along, looking very much like the real Hermione Granger!  Especially after I had her swish her hair out to get some poof. 


Later in the afternoon, Mimi and I returned to the elementary, where both girls' classes were celebrating with a party.  Leiden's class was busy making potions.  It was a really cool idea, and they had brought dry ice to add to them.  They were to say some magic words, and the room mom dropped a chip of dry ice in their cups after they had mixed their 'ingredients'. 


I was actually surprised at how well it worked.  The gases coming off looked awesome, 


and it was crazy cool to watch in the inside of the cup, too.  Those perfectly round blobs are bubbles. 


I zipped over to Mac's class, where she showed me her Halloween art.


Then her class had a dance party! 


Mimi got in the fun, and even with my good camera, this is the clearest I could get this dancing fool! 


Another zip BACK to Leiden's class, where she was handing out her glow in the dark class favors...perfect timing!  Her class was having a dark dance party, so the kids were thrilled to get glow sticks to use right then and there!  It was one of those moments of right place, right gift, right time.  Mimi and I took to the dance floor and jumped around for a bit. 


This evening the girls headed out with Brad and Annie, so I was on my own for the weekend.
I will admit to some disappointment, as I had thought Derek would be back by now, hence the girls being gone this weekend, but we shoulder on.  The military lifestyle is not predictable, and the things the people in charge choose to do make no sense, but the fact of the matter is that the man I love is military.  So this is the territory.  He's currently essentially 'stuck' in Qatar, waiting for a ride home.  I hope to hear good news sometime very soon.  Meanwhile, Happy Halloween!

No comments: