Thursday, August 2, 2018

Michigan Day 1

We left for MI this morning!  We packed up the car, got everyone settled, and we were off!  (This is, of course, the condensed version of events.)  Despite the long road ahead, spirits were high, and the amount of STUFF was, too!  Mimi enjoyed the very back seat of the new van, which amused me.  I think she likes the cave and being alone. 


The car is packed to the brim with all the things we think we will likely need DURING the drive.


I made the girls binders that have road trip activities and coloring options, complete with new markers and colored pencils.  They seem excited about all the new things.  I also made little maps for the girls to keep in their binders so they could follow along with our progress.  Three pages of maps!  Our progress will be through Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, Ohio, Indiana, and finally into Michigan sometime tomorrow morning.  Jon is going to take the overnight shift, which concerns me, but our goal is to go straight through!
   I am also a little concerned about sitting for pretty much 26 hours straight, and what my ankles are going to look like after that time.  I bought some heavy duty compression socks for the drive, so hopefully they help. 
 


Jon and I got snorkel sets for the girls, and the separate parts of those sets were given as little road progress gifts as we went along.  We didn't get to the flippers tonight, so they think gifts are over, and will be even more surprised when they appear tomorrow!
   The girls miraculously did so well today, we have driven peacefully and without attitude or bad moods, which we are so grateful for!  


took a (way too short to give Jon any relief, honestly) little stint driving myself!  I rarely drive long distances, because I am prone to car narcolepsy, and this is a concern.  I did just fine, but it was worth documenting!


Jon took this in the night as we crossed into Iowa.  Onward!

No comments: