Thursday, August 30, 2018

My mom is throwing a shower for us on Sunday, and my job is the cake.  I so badly want to learn how to do dark frosting that doesn't taste bad, because I really wanted to match the gorgeous jewel tones of the invitation.  Alas, too dark just tastes awful.  Do bakery wedding cakes really just taste awful??


After much trial and error and mixing and fiddling, I have hit upon the right color to use!  Tomorrow I begin!


I was at the mall today to do some shopping, and saw this lovely little sweets shop.  I believe the girls have been here before with their dad, but I'd never even seen it before!  I wandered in and was immediately taken with all their beautiful macarons!


Although exorbitantly priced, I couldn't help but get a few to bring home and share.  Cotton candy, raspberry, peach, fruit loop, and cake batter!


They were good, but honestly a bit of a let down.  They were not as strongly flavored as I would have liked, especially for the price.  But now I know!  The girls thought they were fun but also found them a tad disappointing.  I suppose I can be grateful they weren't amazing and something we would want all the time!  

No comments: