Friday, August 31, 2018

Cake making is upon us!  I fiddled a bit more with the frosting and I have hit on the exact color I want to use!  I spent a lot of time researching and learning about color theory on this one, because pinks are actually really hard.  Neon is generally undesirable, and it's hard to know what to do to tone it down.


Chocolate cakes all the way!


I tinted the ombre frosting for the outside this evening and will do the rest tomorrow.


We want to reveal her name at the shower, too.  We have been pretty close mouthed about it, although my mom has known we were considering Zada.  We have determined that's it, and have chosen the middle name Emaline, which is so pretty.  I am planning on calligraphing her name on a little card atop the cake, and revealing it at the appropriate time.

No comments: