Friday, March 1, 2013

Change

This blog has become very important to me.  It has become not only a place where others far and wide can keep up with our lives, but a place where I record my family history.  It is mainly a happy sort of history, because our lives have been largely happy.  This is a good thing.  And it will continue to be a happy place where memories are recorded, pictures (lots of pictures!) are posted, and funny things shared. 

However, our family is going to change.  Brad and I are divorcing.  Agency is a wonderful gift we have been given when used to choose good.  But it can be heartbreaking to watch it being used otherwise.

The girls and I will be moving back to Utah!  Fast.  In three weeks, to be exact.  Kind of like the band-aid thing.  Get it done.  Leiden will finish out second grade there, and we will be in our own place in time to get Leiden and Mac registered for school before it starts again in the late summer.  The plan is to move in with my parents until I can find us a good place to live on our own.  We are so excited to be back where lots of family is, and they are excited to have us.

I am so hopeful for the future and what it may hold.  I am feeling such strength from the Lord as I begin to press forward with this new life.  I feel up to the challenge of making a happy home where the Spirit can be felt and helping these little girls love the Lord as well.  We are going to be happy and we will have so many people around us to help and support us.

My mom already had a plane ticket purchased to come here next Tuesday.  She is able to stay with us and help us get ready to move, and we will leave for Utah on the 23rd.  And so the packing and arranging begins.  It will be a busy next three weeks, and I'm so excited for my mom to get here.

No comments: