Thursday, March 21, 2013

Moving!

Whew.  Got this great beast this morning.  I was terrified of driving it back to the house.  It's a 26 foot truck.  Luckily, I did not have to drive it with the car carrier on the back.  We'll come back and get it tomorrow after the truck is loaded.


Madison and Joni surprised us this afternoon.  We thought they weren't going to get here until 5 or 6, but the doorbell rang around 3 or so, and there they were!  They have had a long road, and will turn around and do it again on Saturday.  Thanks so much for the help, Mad and Joni.

The Elders' Quorum came by tonight and loaded us up.  I am astounded by two opposite things at the same time.  I am astounded at how much stuff can fit in these trucks, and then I'm astounded that we ran out of room at the end!  There were a few minutes at the end that looked like we may not be able to get it all in.  We did it.  Actually, these guys did it.  And on a cold winter's night, too. 


The Taylors have been especially helpful and wonderful friends.  Dan had always reminded me of Madison--I'm not sure if either of them are flattered by the comparison, but here they are together at last.  Laura came over with Marianna and hung out while I flitted about feeling both useless and in the way. 


After everyone left, we backed the truck up to the garage because I failed to get a lock for it, and tried to watch Skyfall.  Well, the DVD player is clearly going out, because we couldn't get it to work.  I guess that's one less thing for me to pack up and haul across the country! 

The girls are sleeping in sleeping bags on their bare floors tonight and tomorrow night.  I'm on the futon 'mattress' which is a sorry excuse for a bed.  We leave in 2 days!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Perhaps in 5 years you can become a long haul trucker! No masters needed for that!!!!
These pictures bring back such fond memories....NOT mom