Saturday, March 23, 2013

On the Road

Whew.  We adults were up at 3 AM this morning to prepare for a hoped for 4 AM departure from Minnesota.  We almost made it, and were driving down the street at 4:26 after saying goodbye to our old house and kitty.  This was my mom's and my view.  Funny story, the girls only slept for like 30 minutes.  After being awakened at 4 AM.  Seriously.


Pretty sunrise, though, and my mom was asleep at the wheel.  If you can see her face, you can see that she's actually making fun of the way I fall asleep in the car.  Head back, mouth agape.


I had such fun little things planned for the girls, including disposable cameras.  Mimi's 27 exposures were gone in 5 minutes, Leiden was very much more judicious, and Mac was somewhere in the middle.


All in all, pretty uneventful today.  The girls haven't needed to stop as much as I thought, and the truck needs gas often enough to meet their needs.  The truck was acting funny this afternoon, though.  Mad would go to accelerate and pass another truck, and all the electrical would go out.  He thinks it's the 'governor', which is installed in many trucks to prevent speeding.  Hmm.  It better be.  We got to the hotel tonight about 6ish, which allowed for dinner and BED!  Hopefully home tomorrow at a decent hour.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No.. I really was asleep at the wheel. To bad you woke me up with your laughing. The governer..yeah right!!!!!!! Im starting to get a headache just thinking about these fond memories. Mom