Friday, March 8, 2013

Free Clothes!

The ladies in the ward were invited over tonight to make a serious haul.  There were a fair number of women who came and the majority of clothing was taken away to be worn by friends' little ones, which is a fitting next step for these sweet clothes!  The tiny baby ones are so special.  I never thought I'd be so attached to baby clothes, although maybe for me, the giving away of them symbolizes more than just we're done having babies.


These clothes literally took up the entire living room, and we organized them according to size all around the room.


By the time the women left, most of the clothes were gone, and that was that!  My mom kept a few little pieces that she picked out just in case Mad and Joni ever have a girl.  The rest was put in a garbage sack for Goodwill.  Now that that's done, we can move on with packing.  Should I ever have a little baby girl in a different circumstance, I will have to buy all new!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As I said before, that was a great evening. Full of symbolism for me also.. When starting a new and exciting life it is good to start afresh! Better than hauling all those clothes across the country.
Should you have another girl in a new set of circumstances (as we hope you will) I will consider it my mission to start funding Narjte again! Love Mom