Friday, March 29, 2013

Grandma's

We got our car back this morning--awesome mechanic to have it done for us so quickly.  It needed a new starter, so that's done.  But, he tells me that it needs a large repair.  It's been making a strange noise for a while, now, made better for a short time after having a tune up, but worse these last few weeks.  It's really the reason I didn't want to drive it across the country.  I guess it's a good thing I didn't, because I need a new transfer case.  I don't really know what that means, aside from a vague understanding that it deals with putting it in and out of 4 wheel drive, and has something to do with how the car shifts gears, and something with the drive train.  Yeah.  I really don't know what I'm talking about!  Anyway, it's an expensive part, so he's going to start looking for one from one of his wrecking yards.  Yet another expense!

Today we went over to Grandma's house and hung out with her for a while.  The girls were very happy to help make some frosting for cinnamon rolls.  Grandma was very brave and let Mac handle the hand mixer.  Her courage was well rewarded when Mac didn't send frosting spraying everywhere!


When Mimi saw Mac frosting rolls, she wanted to get in on the action, too.  Her biggest problem was licking the knife she was using and then putting it back in the bowl.  I think Grandma replaced her spoon for a clean one multiple times!


Mimi is starting to do at least something when I ask her to smile.  It's more of a grimace, really, but she's trying!  And it's cute, anyway.


This afternoon we went with Aunt Emily, Grandma, and the boys to the park in Daybreak, which is pretty cool.  I had never been to Daybreak before, so that was eye opening!  It's so good to be here.

No comments: