Wednesday, March 6, 2013

It Begins

Grandmere getting the girls to the bus stop safely.  It's a very serious job.  Especially in the snow.


I got all the baby to 4T clothes down from the attic this morning.  There are literally bags and bags of timy and sweet clothes!  They are going to be given away this Friday at a little open house I'm going to throw for all the girls in the ward who have little girls or who are going to have little girls.  It will be bittersweet--these clothes have been worn by my girls--some of the pieces by all three!  I had, somewhere in my mind, still thought they might be used by me again.  Well.  I would much rather they be used by people I love than just giving them away to Goodwill.  I'm not going to drag all of them across the country when I'm going to be in no position to need them!  But there are some beautiful things in these bags. 


I talked to the girls, tonight.  I explained to them all the things that would be changing in their lives.  We talked together about the good and what they would initially perceive as the bad.  I was very excited to tell them about moving to Utah, and made that seem like the grand adventure I believe it will be.  Interestingly enough, they were vocal only about not taking Kitty with us.  I explained to them that Grandmere would be staying with us until we moved, and talked to them about the long drive in the car.  They didn't have any questions, and then just went about their play after a very brief emotional bout.  All in all, it was as successful a reveal as could have been hoped.  I love these little girls so much.  I hope they can feel it--I know they know it intellectually because I say it all the time, but I hope I can convey it to them in a way they can truly understand it.  We will be heaping the love on them for the next long while.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That was an interesting evening. It was great to meet such loving and supportive friends. I know that the night was filled with bitter sweet moments also. At any rate they all made a good haul, and who knows what awaits you in your new life. Mom

Unknown said...

As far as the "reveal" was concerned ...you handled the moment perfectly. I was struck from the moment I arrived, at the wonderful Spirit that was felt in your home, as you continued to teach these beautiful granddaughters the gospel, in word and deed. Part of living the gospel is relying on the help of the Lord as you do hard things, and teach them to do hard things also. You have received strength beyond your own as you have faced each new challenge. They will prosper under your guidance. Dad and I could not be more proud of the daughter you are and will become. Mom