Friday, March 22, 2013

Last Day

Today is our last day in Minnesota!  Both Leiden and Mac went for their last day of school this morning.  Both of them will have little going away parties while we adults back home scramble to get everything done!


We headed over to the UHaul to get the car carrier, which thankfully Mad and Joni drove back to the house.


I went and got Mac from school, where she said goodbye to her teachers.  They have loved having her, and they were both quite teary when we left.  They have been wonderful for Mac.  She has loved school and has done so well there.

Leiden came home this afternoon with a cute little mixed media art project.  There's paint, crayon, and marker on this one.  Leiden's class has been doing a lot of jump roping in PE, so she's liking that, and wants a jump rope for at home!


Later this afternoon we got the Tahoe up on the carrier, only to find out that my tires are after market, and so don't fit the carrier's tire straps.  Frustration!  So it was back to UHaul AGAIN to buy (of course) some different ratchet straps that will safely tie the car down.  Madison was less than impressed.


Both Leiden and Mac came home today with lovely little cards from their classmates.  Some of Leiden's, particularly, were very funny.  One of them even depicted a bar scene!  I really don't like to think about where that particular knowledge comes from.


I can't believe we leave tomorrow--bright and early, up at 3 AM.  Long hours ahead, so we're trying to get a jump on it.  I'm still pretty much in awe that my mom and I were able to get the house up and packed in just three weeks, with everything else still functioning as close to normal as we could make it.  I'm ready to be in Utah!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You speak of frustration in these little blurbs. More of that was to come I'm afraid! If we had known what awaited us, we would have pitched ourselves off the roof of that truck, and saved ourselves the trouble! Sounds like life in general. I marvel that we were able to pack up an entire house, plus endure all the drama, and still find the energy to laugh histerically at the funny moments of life. Beam me up Scotty,or in my words...GET ME HOME Mom