Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Last Days

Leiden brought this home a day or two ago, and it's really cute, but it's not coming with us, so I took a picture.  It's almost as big as she is!  Funny story...I wanted to take the picture so I could throw it out and thus decrease the clutter, and I wanted to do it before she left for school.  Well, for the first time in three school years, on the last week of school for them here, they missed the bus!  I was getting them ready, and I looked up to see the bus drive by.  Dang it.  I can't believe we missed it--and it was my own fault!


My friends have been absolutely the best.  The kids have had somewhere to play every day last week and this week, and they are able to enjoy time with their friends before they have to leave.  This also allows me to get things done without them underfoot.  All the picture frames from the purple room are now ready to go.  And I think I've been to Home Depot for boxes like 6 times already. 


It's beginning to come together, which is a good thing, because we get the truck tomorrow!


Mac had an exciting morning at school.  Firemen came with their big truck and the kids got to climb in it and check it out while learning about fire safety.  She was particularly excited about the hat she got.  Although she did ask me why there was a deer on a fire hat.  I really had no answer. 


Today at school, she decided she wants to be a cowgirl when she grows up.  I'm not even sure where she heard about those!  (And no, it is not a, shall we say, developed cowgirl, just a cowgirl with puffy sleeves.)   :)  It's actually pretty humorous.  But check out that cowgirl hat.

No comments: