Monday, April 21, 2014

And So It Begins

Okay, seriously.  The lawn is needing to be mowed, already, and I was dreading it, becuase I had so many problems with getting the mower started last summer.  I really thought there was something so wrong with the mower.  I could not get the silly thing to start, it was driving me crazy.  I even called WalMart to ask about getting it looked at, as I had purchased the protection plan.  They told me I would have to take it directly to a repairman suggested by the lawnmower company...I was discouraged.  Sometimes I could get it running late last summer if I primed it really good, then left it for 20-30 minutes and came back and tried again.  Even that wasn't working.  Sheesh.  Then my neighbor, who was also out mowing his lawn took pity on my struggles and came to see what was going on.  Well, he fired that sucker right up.  And then it dawned on me...it's not the lawnmower, it's ME!  I'm not pulling it right for someone with less strength.  I was using too much of my strength before the cord caught the motor, wasting what I had, leaving not enough to work with once caught.  I've finally figured it out!  I am so excited.  And I can't help but think it's ridiculous to be this excited about a lawn mower.  :)

No comments: