Friday, April 18, 2014

Eggs!

Well, I may be missing Derek, but life goes on, and the girls were very excited about dying Easter Eggs today!  They were very conscientious, setting up the table with mats, and name cards, and the dying tools in a row.  SO cute these little girls are.


Meanwhile, I was having serious issues with getting eggs to cook properly.  I don't recall it ever being this difficult... 


After half the eggs I had boiled in the traditional method ended up cracking at best, and bulging egg at worst, I hopped onto Pinterest to find the posts I knew I'd seen about baking 'hard boiled' eggs.  This worked better, in that fewer of the eggs cracked, but then they had these weird brown spots all over them.  I just couldn't win.  After rinsing the eggs in water, the spots faded, although didn't disappear entirely.  I determined they would have to do, and the show went on. 


Meanwhile, the girls were doing salon and makeup while they waited for me to get my egg act together.


Finally it's time!


Is it just me, or is there a hint of David Bowie, here?


Dyeing eggs is fun...we tried our hand at several different methods.  I wanted to perfect the ombre egg...I was only partially successful.


Leiden tried an egg half one color, and half another.


Mimi tended to go for just putting the egg in as many different colors as she could.


Happy Easter, folks!

No comments: