Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Middle of November

I'm still not sure about taking SO MANY pictures...when I get behind on the blog, things snowball, but I want to get caught up, so here we go.



Miriam 11/15/10: She's starting to pull up and climb a bit! Scary on the stairs. She hasn't gone any higher than this, but it's only a matter of time.







Brad was excited about what was in the oven, so he got down and watched. I can't even remember what it was.







POTD 11/15/10: Leiden was in charge of FHE tonight, and she wanted to do a Thanksgiving art project. We ended up making Thanksgiving hearts.







But Brad, ever the artist, made a Thanksgiving ship.







POTD 11/16/10: Leiden wakes up sometimes with some serious bed-head.






Miriam 11/16/10: Mimi was holding on to a little stuffed pig while she sucked her thumb. This was particularly appropriate as she was watching the Baby Einstein about farm animals.




Brad has been promising for some time to build me a big craft table. He found some ultra inexpensive thick, high quality glass, so bought two 5-foot lengths and built a frame. I now have a 10 foot long by 3 feet across craft table. Now I just need to figure out some storage. After the new year.






Miriam 11/17/10: Mimi sees anything above the ground as a personal challenge, now.




POTD 11/17/10: The girls insisted on going outside to shovel today, even though there was no new snow. I had bought them little snow shovels and they were dying to try them out. So I sent them out onto the deck in the back.




Miriam 11/18/10: Climbing on mommy to get the camera is super fun.






I wish wish wish wish this picture was focused, but it's cute, anyway. She probably falls between Leiden and Mac on the impishness scale.




I've been trying to teach her how to use a cup, and formula or water in it wasn't cutting it. So I put some juice in it.




Miriam 11/19/10: She figured out very quickly how to keep that cup tilted up high enough.




Mimi munched on this apple for a while tonight. She didn't break the skin, and it kept her out of the dishwasher, so great.




POTD 11/19/10: I made this incredible bread again for the missionaries coming. Love it.




Mommy and Mimi




Miriam 11/20/10: I have to give her anything that will distract her while I change her diaper or she rolls over and makes messes. She is amazingly fast. Then she usually plays with it for a few minutes after confinement is over. She didn't know what to think about this scratchy brush.




POTD 11/20/10: Brad went outside to put up some Christmas lights this afternoon and almost fell while I was watching with the camera. That's a look of alarm.




I love this face. It's a classic "I'm really trying not to smile, but I thought that was really funny" face.




Miriam 11/21/10: Mimi loves the broom. Is it hygienic? No. Is it liable to hurt someone as she flings it about? Yes. Is it super gross? Yes. Does it keep her busy for a few minutes during dinner prep? Yep.





Miriam 11/22/10: Looking good in her little hat.




POTD 11/22/10: FHE again, this time making Thankful Turkeys. I know lots of people do this over the whole month, but I forgot, so we did it in one night. The lists were as follows:

Dad: Chocolate, beauties of nature, turkey, gospel, Leiden, Mac, Miriam, Mercedes

Mom: books, Scriptures, treats, friends, family, temple, health, warm house

Leiden: art, the ABC's, Mimi, Mac, Dad, God, family, Kindergarten (I did not rate.)

Mac: wipes (my personal favorite), Mimi, dinner, summer, toys, trains, Heavenly Father, nursery, sisters, friends

and Mimi's probably would have been: bottles, food, thumb, hair, daddy



No comments: