Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I hadn't really thought about doing anything beyond my customary corned beef and cabbage dinner for the day, but then Leiden happened to mention--last night--that they were going looking for a leprechaun at school today. And then I thought, well, shoot. I've got to do something! And then I happened to find a cute little scavenger hunt on Etsy and thought, I could make my own! So I spent the day getting ready for a little scavenger hunt. Shamrock cookies and golden chocolate coins were the prizes at the end:



The shamrock cookies are fun--basically jello flavored/tinted sugar cookie dough that you roll into balls and smash down. You could do other kinds of regular cookies with any flavor jello you wanted.



So we had our dinner, where the cabbage was complained about by the girls. Except Mimi, who ate everything we put in front of her. As per the usual. I love corned beef. You just can't go wrong with heavily salted beef!



As Leiden picked up her dinner plate to take to the sink, she found this:



What could the prize be?



Leiden finding a clue:



Mac enjoying her little treat bag.



This is such a great half shot of Leiden's smile. I wish she had been looking up and that it was in focus.




She was absolutely convinced that the leprechaun (that they never actually caught) at school had come by the house and left these treats for her and Mac. She concocted a whole story about how he snuck in without her and Mac seeing, and how he was a REAL leprechaun. Even after seeing the whole cookie sheet of cookies, her response was, "Oh, the leprechaun brought lots of cookies!" She was totally sold on the idea. I didn't disabuse the thought. She's five.

No comments: