Tuesday, March 22, 2011

June Bugs (Box Elder Bugs)

So we really have these bugs all over the place. They are box elder bugs, but for some reason we call them june bugs. All that I'm reading says we must have a box elder tree somewhere either in our yard or in one of the neighbor's. And this is where they come from. They like indoors because it's warm, so they are all over. And Mac loses it whenever they fly and land on her. I mean she loses it. We've been fighting the good fight, 'getting' them when we see them, flushing them down the drain when we find them on the kitchen window, etc. But they are still around. This afternoon Leiden was in my room while I was getting ready for the Relief Society Birthday dinner. Remember the nursery/primary song, 'Snow is falling all around, On the rooftops, on the ground. Snow is falling on my nose, On my head, and hands, and toes.' Well, as I'm applying mascara or something, I hear her singing, 'There are june bugs all around,' and she didn't make it any further because I started laughing. And then sang the rest with her. It is so apropos.

No comments: