Monday, July 17, 2017

Greenery!!!

Trying out some possibilities for a garland on the gazebo at Uncle Mike's where our ceremony will be.  I need 25 feet, so today I headed up to my moms to try out some of the ivy they've got there in their back yard.


I took it home and began wiring it together with some greens I got at Ensign floral.  We definitely want magnolia greens because the backsides of their leaves are a beautiful fuzzy copper color.  I think this will work!  I was heartened by how it looked and how relatively easy it is to put together!


In other green things, the garden is going gangbusters.  All our beautiful plants are growing!


Our little kind of afterthought lettuce garden is also just bringing forth fruit!


Our hanging tomato plants are growing and have lots of flowers.  Although I think the bags they are planted in and hanging from are going to give way as the sun bakes them.  We read that they begin to disintegrate in the sun, so knew it was a likelihood, and it appears they were right!


Jon's bucket strawberries are much more safe in their aluminum foil protected buckets!


The zucchini plant in the front is of course going to take over the world!  I took a picture with me by it to emphasize how large it is!  The only problem with it is it's crowding out the artichokes.  I think we just planted everything a bit too close together.

No comments: