Sunday, July 30, 2017

Last Preparations

I have a giant long list of preparations I still need to complete, but today's was the girls' shoes.  I had found gold glittery shoes for them, and had the idea to spray paint them copper.  Easier said than done!  If you're going to spray paint, you've got to protect the parts you don't want oversprayed, so I had to tape the buckles, zippers, and soles up and stuff the inside with newspaper.


Set up a box outside, and voila!


Copper glitter shoes for the little flower girls!


They turned out SO great, and I couldn't be happier.  Next item!!  I still need to sew up Jon's bowtie, but we are very nearly all ready!


In a side note, our corn is growing...we have the silken tops!  Because Jon ran the drip system out front to them, they have actually gotten water this year.  I'm just worried they'll be ready while we are in Michigan, because they are already close but not quite there.

No comments: