Friday, July 7, 2017

Lindsay Falls

The girls go with Brad again this afternoon, so this morning we took a little hike to Lindsay Falls.  Jon's brother Jordan joined us, and we headed up!  It's seriously a tiny hike.  More just an uphill walk of about 5 minutes.



We were headed to the pool afterwards, but as it turned out, Mimi had planned ahead quietly, as she so often does, and wore her swimming suit under her clothes!  This little girl CRACKS me up.  She has initiative coming out of her ears, and while it can land her in hot water, she is not shy about just deciding what she wants to do, and then doing it.


While the other girls climbed about, she built a dam for the water coming off the falls.


Once at the pool, everyone put on their suits, and Mimi was no longer in the minority!  Leiden likes the high dive, but we haven't yet been able to get her to go off the platform.  I am in that unique place that I think parents find themselves in often, where I know *I* do NOT like it, but don't want to scare her or have her base her decisions on my opinion, also not wanting her to have a terrible experience like mine!  So I will quietly encourage, but not push, and maybe she'll try sometime.


Jon is our fearless leader, flipping off things, and generally making it all look so easy.


We have determined that we want me to letter at least the addresses of our invitations, which will go out in beautiful navy with sheen envelopes, so tonight was spent mixing the exact shade we wanted with my metallic watercolors.  We want that elusive copper to be exactly right!

No comments: