Thursday, July 20, 2017

The girls and I headed up to This is the Place Heritage Park, where they spent much of their time panning for gold!  They really like that, and it's relaxing to sit there in the shade and let them play.


No trip there is complete without ice cream!


I just spend most of my time trying to stay out of the sun.


Watering the garden has been tricky.  I forget often, and if Jon doesn't remember before he goes home in the evenings, then it often just doesn't get done.  So today he put in a drip system that will serve them well!  This also alleviates the worry of what will happen to the plants while we are in Michigan next month.


He did all of it himself, running lines and hooking them up.


He even ran lines up to the strawberries!


And they work!  They are the soaker lines that kind of ooze water out everywhere as opposed to having holes that have to be punched.  It seems to work really well.  He also set up a timer, so we don't even have to think about the watering at all.  This is going to be the first year I don't have things die because they bake to death!


In keeping with out copper theme, I found a large lot of copper containers on ebay to use for candle holders and flower containers for the dinner tables, and they came today!


I spent some time trying to group them as I will want them on the tables, and I'm so excited at how this is going to look!


12 of the pieces are some moscow mule mugs, but there are also some really cool other pieces, and there's a good variation of heights and sizes.

No comments: