Friday, August 8, 2014

12 Days Before First Grade!

12 Days Before First Grade!  As usual, it's a countdown!  But this year I decided to have us try something new and a little more exciting than making a chain.  More like an advent, so the countdown also serves to provide her with the day's card.  We are going to make a punch board!


Mac got to choose the colors of tissue paper she wanted covering the cups, wrote the numbers on each,  


then helped me snap those rubber bands around them!  I'll fill the cups with the cards later, after bedtime.


I didn't work ahead of the need, very well, so I had to go outside and spray paint a piece of cardboard to mount the cups on.


Luckily the day is warm, and the paint dried fast!  Here's Mac's punch board!  She's very excited to burst into a cup each morning. 


So, remember that I bought a wedding dress?!  Well, it was ready for pickup, so my mom and I headed over to try it on.  GORGEOUS!  For Derek security reasons I can't post the full length pic...not to mention it's still strapless and I would feel oddly exposed here on the blog.  :)  So, here is the sneak peek that Derek got.  Chuckle...not much to go on, which is how it should be.  I am so excited!  As soon as the bridesmaid dress comes in, they will be able to begin constructing the temple fill and we can get this show on the road!

No comments: