Saturday, August 23, 2014

Saturday

Did the ALS ice bucket challenge, today...I took video, but here's the still I shared on Instagram...check out those ice chunks!  My parents had a giant OLD bag of ice in their big freezer, and figured this would be an excellent use for it.  It was very cold, but sort of refreshing after my long run.  I'm training for the half marathon at the end of October, and my long runs are getting longer!  It's been two or three years since I last ran one...I'm trying to take the training slow so I can avoid injury and pain to whatever extent possible.  Today's run was only 6 miles, so I'm not even halfway to the half marathon mark!  Slowly but surely.


After warming up and cleaning up, my mom and I headed to Granite Bridal to check out their cakes and other treats.  It was actually pretty fun.  They are skilled, and will do whatever you want for your wedding cake, and I think it's going to look gorgeous!  The best part?!  Trying different cake flavors and fillings!  These little pieces of cake were VERY good.  I'm super excited about how it will look AND taste!

No comments: