Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of School!

It's finally here!  The first day of school!  Mac is off to start first grade.


And Leiden is heading into fourth!


These little girls are not going to be so little for long!  Growing up before my very eyes!


Their school was chosen for Fox News to cover the entrance.  Each child decorated a pennant and they marched into school on the red carpet.  I located Mac as she walked by...but somehow completely missed Leiden.  I was looking for her and never saw her.  I was looking intently enough that as the 5th grade students started coming by I worried, thinking she had gotten separated from her class, but my friend said she had seen her.  My goodness.


And it was a successful first day!  Mac came home and said it was a long day, that it seemed like more than one day.  I laughed and told her I knew what she meant.  Otherwise, she was very pleased with how the day went, and was full of explanations and stories of how her classroom works, and who is in it.  I think we will do well!  And then, of course, she got to enjoy our strawberry flavored rice krispie apples!  Welcome back to school!

No comments: