Saturday, August 16, 2014

4 Days Before First Grade

Mac has been asking to go to the Farmer's Market again this summer.  We had hit so many Saturdays that it just wasn't going to work out...particularly not to go downtown to the big one.  And then they are gone every other weekend, but I resolved that we would go to the smaller one at Gardner Village for Mac's countdown.


They loved the guy there doing balloon animals again.  Mac's parrot sat on her shoulder.


They all had especially looked forward to riding the ponies again, but I messed up with cash and they didn't take cards. The best we could do, which ended up being pretty cool was the petting zoo.  There were sweet little bunnies, which the girls got a kick out of. 


There were baby cows, which could be fed for an additional charge.  Mimi liked them.   


I remember coming to Gardner Village YEARS ago, like in High School, and they had bunnies at a petting zoo...one of them freaked out, and scratched my arm like crazy.  I've been a little leery of them since.  But this little guy was sweet.  Their little hearts go like crazy.  I think they are probably a little scared to be manhandled all the time.


There were goats and sheep.  The goats were very interested in my face.  Of course, I was getting right down there by them to get a picture to send to Derek.  This is the one he got.


There were also alpacas, which I didn't get a picture of.  It was a pretty darn good petting zoo, for the cheap price, and it seemed to be a good substitute for the pony ride.  The girls had a good time, and that's what matters!  And I love my new hat!

No comments: