Tuesday, August 12, 2014

8 Days Before First Grade!

The countdown continues!


Today she took the punching approach.


Today's activity to get ready for first Grade was to go get school supplies!  We headed out, and Leiden got to participate as well, getting hers, too.  We now have all the things our teachers have asked us to provide and we'll be ready!


I've been looking for fabric I like so I can make the girls' dresses for the wedding, and have had little success.  I'm trying to go for not matching, but complimentary to my dress, and even the neutrals are difficult.  BUT.  Today we stopped in here at Calico Corners and found the perfect material!  I am so excited!  It has now been ordered and will be delivered to the house in a week or so.  Woo hoo!  The girls will be wearing a neutral tan color silk with bright pink sashes.  They will be so sweet!


Dinner with Grandmere and Bapa, tonight.  They have been helping me so much with watching the girls while I go on runs.  It has been a lifesaver for training for this race.  So we are up here, often.  Tonight we had BLT's with tomatoes from my garden.  SO delicious.


When we got home, the power was out.  With an expected back on time of 5 AM.  How lovely that I filled the fridge today with groceries.  The girls thought it was an adventure.  I got out the flashlights, and only one worked, so we figured it out.  Now I know I need to locate more flashlights, and make sure they have fresh batteries!

No comments: