Wednesday, August 13, 2014

7 Days Before First Grade!

Today's card sent us off to the store to get a lunch bag for Mac!  She is very excited to eat lunch at school.  And while things get hectic and last year Leiden ended up eating lunch from school often, I do sometimes have my act together and Mac needs to have something she can use.


Before we could go to the store, I had to go to a Primary presidency meeting.  Have I ever said that I'm the secretary?  I'm not sure I've ever mentioned it.  Anyway.  One of the counselors is my friend, Meghan, and her little guy, Coleman, is Mac's favorite.  They apparently are going to get married when they grow up.  They already play it, and there was rumor of a kiss at some point.  Watch out world, when Mac comes of age!


At the store, we were having trouble finding something Mac could use with her existing backpack, so we had to rethink from the ground up.  New backpack and lunch bag here we come!


Leiden thought she had her friend, Jordan's phone number, but we've tried several times to get hold of her and have had no luck with the number working.  Leiden thought she knew where she lived, so we drove by one day a while ago, but she was unable to identify which house was Jordan's.  So we kind of gave it up as a lost cause, which I know Leiden was sad about.  Well, the other day, we thought to look up her last name and find a person who lives in the general vicinity...and we found her house!  Leiden was so excited, so we walked over there this afternoon.  No one was home, but we have at least found the right house!  Mimi got hurt on the way home, so I ended up carrying her a couple blocks, but we will try again, soon. 

No comments: